Monday, July 9, 2012

Musical Musings: Lisa Jaeggi


I have a new musical obsession - the New York songstress, Lisa Jaeggi. I have been listening to her album 'Epic Epic' on high rotation since it arrived in my mailbox last week and I have been loving every minute!

Her website describes her sound as a "blend of rootsy pop and folk", but there is also something edgy about her music. Some tracks are reminiscent of Jason Mraz, while others are like nothing I've heard before. The beats, the arrangements and the poetry of her words feel refreshing in the midst of today's same-samey music industry, but maybe I'm just a sucker for an accoustic guitar!

Highlight tracks for me are 'Menlike Gods' and 'All The Good'. Definitely worth a listen.

You can listen to 'Epic Epic' on Lisa Jaeggi's website: lisajaeggi.com
You can purchase 'Epic Epic' on Amazon: www.amazon.com/Epic-Lisa-Jaeggi/dp/B0051OJDEE

No comments:

Post a Comment